The benefits of an appropriate medication regimen to our senior population is unquestionable – it can greatly enhance the quality of life. But if they’re not used or dispensed as prescribed, medications can present serious health risks. Our pharmacists carefully examine and evaluate the care provided to each resident through a drug regimen review to ensure optimal drug therapy through the discontinuation of unnecessary or inappropriate medications and recommendations for wellness opportunities and under-treatment issues.
Boomer Solutions Consultant Pharmacists take into account the complex interrelationships between disease states, nutrition, combination of medications and other variables and guide physicians to necessary changes. In tandem with Consultant Nurses, they assure that the medications supplied by Boomer Solutions are organized and readily available for facility nursing staff to administer to residents.
Our Pharmaceutical consultants offer:
- Expert advice and early identification of inappropriate drug therapy or under treatment
- Advice on reducing incontinence, confusion, falls and other common geriatric problems
- Cost savings by adhering to the Boomer formulary
- Full compliance with all state and federal pharmacy regulations
- In-service and educational programs designed to meet the unique needs of residents and staff
- Guidance with reimbursement, insurance and financial issues
- Medication monitoring recommendations